[twitter url=”https://twitter.com/ForYourChef” style=”horizontal” float=”left”]
[pinterest url=”https://www.pinterest.com/foryourchef/” count=”horizontal”float=”center”]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 3 cups confectioner sugar, sifted
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups coconut, toasted
- Prep - Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" cake pan
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt, set aside
- In a separate bowl whisk oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla
- Same bowl as liquids - add sugar, pineapple, coconut: mix well
- Stir in flour mixture
- Pour into prepared cake pan
- Bake on center rake 30-35 minutes.
- Prep - Spread out 1 1/2 cups coconut on cookie sheet. Roast in preheated oven for 3-5 minutes, or till slightly brown.
- Add in a bowl remaining frosting ingredients. Beat till smooth
- Spread over top of cooled cake
- Sprinkle the roasted coconut on top of frosting.
Tip 1) Frosting makes a thin layer. Add double ingredients for a thicker frosting.
Tip 2) Watch coconut carefully in oven for frosting, as it will burn
Tip 3) Baking cake may vary by a few minutes. Check cake with toothpick till comes out clean.
Suggested Bakeware: Cake Boss Covered Cake Pan