- -1 pound cooked shrimp (pealed, deveined)
- -2 cups dry orzo pasta (cooked, drained)
- -1 1/2 cup carrots (sliced, cooked)
- -10 oz frozen peas (cooked, drained)
- -1 cup celery (coarsely chopped)
- -1/2 parsley (fresh, finely chopped)
- -2 teaspoons salt
- -3 packs gelatin (unflavored)
- -1/4 cup water (cold)
- -3 cups cream (light)
- -8 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- -1/4 teaspoon pepper
- -2 tablespoons lemon juice
- -1 tablespoon dill (dried, crushed)
- -2 teaspoons horseradish
- -1-2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Combine gelatin and water in sauce pan. Stir and heat until clear. Cool
- Stir cooled gelatin into light cream.
- Combine cream cheese,, ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, lemon juice, dill, horseradish and hot pepper sauce. Stir till combined.
- Mix into cooled gelatin mixture.
- Combine cooked orzo, cooked carrots, cooked peas, chopped celery, chopped parsley and 1 teaspoon salt into large bowl. Stir till all combined.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over orzo mixture and stir.
- Spray mold pan with vegetable cooking spray
- Lay cooked shrimp on bottom of mold pan
- Pour orzo mixture on top of shrimp in mold pan.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm. (6-8 hours, or over night)
- Run small spatula inside mold to remove, convert on to a serving tray.
Tips: 1)The cooked orzo mixture without the gelatin can be refrigerated the night before making this mold. Remove from refrigerator 1/2 hour before preparing the rest of the Creamy Lemon Dill Shrimp Mold.
2)Cook 2 pounds shrimp. Layer bottom, pour half the orzo mixture over shrimp. Layer rest of shrimp on top of half the orzo mixture. Pour rest of orzo mixture.